Integrity with Professionalism


We are well recognised, local and reputable personal injury solicitors located close to Stockport. We have handled thousands of cases and have given 100% unique and tailored advice to every one of our clients. We are personable, professional and have a team that will always be in your corner.

JMR Solicitors LLP was recognised by the Prime Minister, David Cameron himself, as the number 1 female led fastest growing business in the UK in 2015. This wasn’t done by accident, it comes our unique approach and belief that our clients are our most valuable assets; and we operate an open culture and a team based approach that reflects this.

Legal Services


JMR Solicitors have extensive knowledge in the personal injury field and we tailor our service to provide personal injury advice for every client and each case is handled with expertise by a fully qualified solicitor.


At JMR Solicitors we do not only deal with the personal injury aspect of your road traffic accident compensation claim, we will also recover and store the damages to your vehicle, provide the injured driver with another vehicle until your vehicle is repaired, repair your vehicle and pursue your Personal Injury claim & arrange any medical treatment that may be required. Your entire Personal Injury case will be taken care of, to ensure there is as little hassle to you as possible.

After an accident many people are shocked, shaken and do not know what to do next to rectify the position they are left in. Many are left without an alternative vehicle to assist them with their day-to-day activities. At JMR Solicitors, we will take away all this pressure and worry and deal with the recovery and storage of your vehicle, deal with all repairs to your vehicle, and provide you with a hire vehicle within 24 hours. We will then take care of your entire compensation claim, including rehabilitation and recovery for any losses you may have incurred as a result of the accident.


Here at JMR Solicitors, we have fully qualified solicitors who can offer the following:

  • Recovery and restoration of your damaged vehicle
  • Provide the injured driver with another taxi until your vehicle is repaired
  • Repair your vehicle
  • If the driver is too injured to work due to the accident, we shall provide them with another car, until they are fit enough to work, where they will then be provided with a replacement taxi
  • Pursue your Personal Injury claim and arrange any medical treatment that may be required


Over a million people suffer from accidents at work every year! While some of injuries are minor, others can have serious consequences to you as an individual; such as time off work, financial strain, emotional stress and even permanent disability or death. The law sets out many rules to protect you from accidents at work and compensate you if you are injured whilst working.

You are entitled to compensation if you can prove that the workplace accident was someone else’s fault which could be your employer, a fellow employee or another company based at your place of work. Your employer is not allowed to treat you unfairly or dismiss you for making a workplace accident claim. They are also required by law to have insurance against staff accidents. This means that their insurance company will pay for your accident compensation, not your employer.

Making a claim against your employer can be worrying. However, it is their responsibility and a legal obligation, to ensure that they are maintaining health and safety standards in your workplace. Eligible workplace accident claims might involve injuries from unsuitable or damaged equipment as well as unsafe systems of work, dangerous working practices, contact with dangerous materials and poor health and safety.

Once an accident has occurred, make sure it is reported straight away as this may be a useful reference point, if you ultimately make a claim for compensation. Accidents, no matter how minor, should be recorded in the company’s accident book, which is mandatory for all companies with 10 employees or more. Industrial injuries of a more serious nature must be reported to the Incident Contact Centre of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). All workers are protected by a number of regulations, including the Manual Handling Regulations 1992, Workplace Regulations 1992 and Personal Protective
Equipment Regulations 1992.

These Regulations govern workplace health and safety and place legal duties on employers to ensure that they carry out assessments to identify risks to the health and safety of their employees, implement steps to reduce or remove any risks and to generally provide safe work equipment and a safe working environment. Other Regulations govern health and safety where a worker comes into contact with dangerous chemicals and other harmful substances (The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 [COSHH]) or where workers are exposed to loud noise or are expected to use vibrating tools.

If a worker can show that their employer has not complied with some or all of their legal duties or was negligent and therefore to blame in some way for the worker’s accident (or disease), then they may be able to claim compensation.


Here at JMR Solicitors, we know that losing a loved one is devastating and it takes a lot of time to come to terms with the loss. When there has been a fatal accident, claiming compensation is the last thing on your mind, but here at JMR Solicitors, we will take that pressure and worry away from you a we offer you practical advice and assistance in a sympathetic and sensitive manner.

The law says that a “dependant” can make a fatal accident compensation claim.

A dependant can be:

  • A husband or wife, or former husband or wife of the deceased
  • A civil partner or former partner of the deceased
  • A person who was living with the deceased as husband or wife for at least two years prior to the death
  • A parent or other dependant of the deceased
  • A person who was treated by the deceased as his or her parent
  • A child or other dependant of the deceased
  • A person, who in the case of a marriage to which the deceased was at any time a party, was treated by the deceased as a child of the family in relation to that marriage
  • A person who is a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew or cousin of the deceased

Please note that the dependant must prove that they were or would become dependent on the deceased.

This dependency can be financial if the dependant relied on the income of the deceased for example, to help pay household bills or a contribution towards the mortgage, or it can be a reliance on services for example, if the deceased did the housework, looked after the children etc. There is also a statutory bereavement award of £10,000 payable if the deceased was your husband or wife or your child who was under the age of 18.

In addition to the dependency claim, there may be a claim for:

  • The pain and suffering of the deceased
  • Funeral expenses


Have you been injured as a result of poorly maintained paths, walkways and all other public areas? – If so you may be able to make a claim for compensation. If your injury has resulted from a trip or slip in a supermarket, a local shop, a public place, on a road or pavement you can make a claim against the owner or local council responsible for maintaining and monitoring the place you are in.

A slip, trip or fall can happen anywhere and it may be unclear who is responsible for your injuries. If you slip on a pavement or road,is it owned and maintained by the council or by a private firm or individual? If you slip on a wet patch at work are you employers liable or is it the plumber who didn’t fix the pipe properly? These are all questions that we will be able to advise you on and will inform you of the best route to finding out and your options depending on who is at fault.

If you have tripped over a broken up piece of road then try and get a photograph of it before it is repaired. If you slipped on something wet at work check that other people saw the puddle before it was cleaned up. Injuries alone do not make an entire case. If you have only just had your accident then get in contact with us as soon as possible to enable us to carry our own investigations before vital evidence may be destroyed.

Fill out the form below, we will get back you soon.


Need to Speak to us Urgently?

Mon - Fri | 9:00am to 5:00pm

0161 491 3933