Integrity with Professionalism


We are well recognised, local and reputable landlord & tentant solicitor firm located close to Stockport. We have handled thousands of cases and have given 100% unique and tailored advice to every one of our clients. We are personable, professional and have a team that will always be in your corner.

JMR Solicitors LLP was recognised by the Prime Minister, David Cameron himself, as the number 1 female led fastest growing business in the UK in 2015. This wasn’t done by accident, it comes our unique approach and belief that our clients are our most valuable assets; and we operate an open culture and a team based approach that reflects this.

I am text block. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Legal Services


Our Solicitors can advise you on how to deal with potential problems in relation to your Landlord and Tenant matters. This includes non-payment of rent, damage to the property or tenants refusing to leave at the end of a tenancy agreement. We are here to help in any given situation and deal with tenants who are in arrears of rent, deal with eviction or we can help you with any queries you are unsure of.

There are two types of notices which are commonly known as a Section 8 Notice and a Section 21 Notice when dealing with evicting a tenant for either non-payment of rent or in a situation where the tenant is causing damage to the property or being a nuisance to the neighbours. Here at JMR Solicitors we offer a fast, effective & professional service to any landlords who are seeking possession of their properties. We will prepare all paperwork for you, including issuing an application to the court and will arrange for a Lawyer or Barrister to represent you at the court.


When you as a Landlord, rent out a property, you should give a Section 21 Notice to the Tenant, which will allow you as the landlord, to terminate an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement in England or Wales at the end of the fixed term. The landlord must serve a Section 21 Possession Notice on the tenant and must give the tenant a minimum of two months’ notice.

In the case of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, the landlord is required to show that the tenancy has ended and that the Section 21 notice has been served and has expired. A landlord does not need to establish any ground for possession of the property. If possession is sought by the landlord during the fixed term of the tenancy agreement then it can only be obtained if a breach of contract has been proved. A Section 8 Notice will have to be applied for, in these circumstances.


A Section 8 notice is used where the tenancy has a long period to run, where you do not have a signed a Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement, where the tenant is in breach of the Agreement, or you are not allowed to issue a Section 21 Notice.

Section 8 notices are commonly used where there are rent arrears or where the tenant has breached the terms of the Tenancy Agreement, such as damage to the property or being a nuisance to the neighbours etc. A section 8 notice is a legal notification to the tenant, to request that they correct the breach. If the tenant does not correct the breach, the landlord can then apply to the Court for remedy. The Landlord may also choose to serve a Section 21 Notice at the same time in order to bring the tenancy to an end.

Fill out the form below, we will get back you soon.


Need to Speak to us Urgently?

Mon - Fri | 9:00am to 5:00pm

0161 491 3933