As reputable Immigration Solicitors in Manchester, we’re proud to say we have had 100% success rate on getting our immigration clients a visa for stay in the UK. This is because as immigration laws are changing more rapidly in recent times, we will ensure we are up to date on the latest immigration legislation, which prepares us to be the best immigration solicitors in Manchester.
We’ve seen various clients, in all sorts of circumstances over our time as a law firm. Therefore, in order to give you some information prior to booking your appointment to discuss a visa with our immigration solicitors, have a read through the latest rules on family visas here.
When do you need a family visa and how can an Immigration Solicitor help?
If you want to stay in the UK for more than a 6-month duration with a member of your family that already resides in the UK, then you will need a family visa. Our immigration solicitors can help you organise all the paperwork necessary for the immigration visa and as we are conveniently located in Manchester, we are accessible from major motorway links.
If you reside in another country other than the UK at the moment, then you can apply for a family visa to live with the following members of your family:
- spouse or partner
- fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
- relative who’ll provide long-term care for you
If you’re already living in the UK, then you can apply to extend your stay with the family member you’re living with. Our immigration solicitors can help you with this process.
If you came to the UK on a visa other than family visa, you might be able to change to a family visa to stay with your:
- spouse or partner
When can our immigration solicitors at JMR solicitors Manchester help you to apply for extended stay or switching the visa?
- We can help you extend or change at any time before your existing permission to stay in the UK expires.
- You must have lived in the UK for a certain amount of time before you’re entitled for settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) -Our immigration solicitors can check how much time you need before you extend your visa.
- Come and see our immigration solicitors in our Manchester office to discuss this matter further.
How long does the visa take to come through?
Our Immigration solicitors work hard to ensure you have a smooth process from start to finish, but it is vital that you work with us to provide us with all the relevant information required for your visa application.
After our immigration solicitors have completed and submitted your paperwork, a decision will usually be made:
- within 12 weeks if you apply outside the UK
- within 8 weeks if you apply in the UK, unless you use the super priority service to get a decision within 1 working day
It may take longer if your visa application is missing any elements, for example you:
- do not meet the minimum income requirement
- you cannot prove your knowledge of English
- need to attend an interview with Embassy
- have not provided all the evidence that the Home Office needs
- have a criminal conviction or another personal circumstance that needs to be reviewed
How can our immigration solicitor help with applying for a visa as a partner or spouse?
To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be over the age of 18.
Your partner must also either:
- be a British citizen
- have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence)
- have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
- You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply for your visa.
There are certain elements that you must prove to succeed in a partner visa, which our immigration solicitors will talk you through. As mentioned before, we have prepared numerous family and spousal visas, and therefore are confidence we can advise you best on immigration status.
How long you can stay if you are granted the partner visa?
You’ll get consent to stay for 2.5 years in the UK, or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.
After this JMR Immigration Solicitors help you to apply to extend your stay.
Choose JMR Solicitors as your number 1 choice for Immigration Solicitors in Manchester
Conveniently located in the heart of Manchester, JMR Immigration Solicitors have been the number one choice for immigration cases for several years.
Marium Razzaq, Partner at JMR Solicitors commented on their immigration department. “People have opted to give us their Immigration work due to our wonderful success rate, and the fact that we always relate to everyone, we understand that each case is unique, and will behave professionally, yet remain empathetic always.
The key for us, is to go over and above the expectations of our clients, and to help them in any way they need to make their life easier throughout the whole process. We understand that the client has come to us with a matter that will affect their entire future. This is paramount, and we want the best results for everyone who chooses our law firm.”
Review for JMR Solicitors Immigration Service:
I used JMR to help with a spousal visa application for my wife, and I am very pleased with them. They helped to make a very complex and risky application as simple as possible and were extremely thorough in checking the documents I provided. They were always happy to answer any questions I had and gave prompt and detailed replies. The friendly staff of JMR gave my wife and I peace of mind with our successful visa application.
Testimonial by Joe Polshaw from Manchester
Speak to Our Experienced Immigration Solicitor in Manchester Today
For a no obligation, free 30-minute consultation with our in-house immigration solicitor, contact us on 0161 491 3933 or email email@example.com with your enquiry.