This year (2018) we launched our ground-breaking and innovative FLS package expressly designed for SMEs, businesses and corporate clients. We’ve seen the gap in the market and invented our very own interim service on an ad hoc basis for our business clients.
Why we created Flexible Legal Solutions:
Wide-ranging support for legal and compliance issues is essential to your business. But for many companies, traditional models that law firm offer are not practical. The costs can add up and the service can feel disjointed.
Our Flexible Legal Solutions packages are ideal for any scenario. Whether you have to cover a temporary shortfall in resources, need support with longer-term assignments on an on-going basis, or require specific outside expertise (for instance to comply with new regulations), you select exactly the right package for you.
The solution is entirely flexible: you determine whether the solicitors at our firm work on a fixed-contract or indefinite basis. And most importantly of all, your dedicated solicitor will work to your instructions and answer directly to you, not to the partners in an external firm.
What are the main legal problems SMEs and Businesses face:
- There are many problems facing SMEs, but some of the most common are: an absence of adequate internal and external trading partner protection; trading on other people’s terms not their own; overtrading and creditor actions.
- Employment law issues, for example due to ‘bad hire’, that the company is not sure on how to take the next steps.
- Failure to adequately protect intellectual property
- Poorly drafted contracts and ensuing litigation. Business contracts that provide good legal cover mean a SME will be protected from warranty claims or contract breaches by a contract counterparty. Financial problems may arise for a SME if a warranty claim or claim for a contract breach is brought against it.
- SMEs encounter legal problems if a company has not followed legal requirements and best practice about its corporate governance. The Companies Act has rules around directors’ duties which, if not complied with, may lead to a fine or the director being disqualified.
- Company Directors should be actively considering these duties when they are leading the business of the company. We often see circumstances where a company has tried to complete a share buyback, and this has not been carried out in line with the legal requirements under CA 06.
- Compliance with GDPR & the DPA 2018 is essential for SMEs. They should conduct a personal data audit and confirm what personal data they hold and how that personal data is secured. A DPA breach may mean a fine and adverse damaging publicity affecting the reputation and business.
What businesses have said about FLS:
“FLS takes away the stress of thinking about the legal aspects as JMR Solicitors do this for us proactively. They will tell us that we need to consider this aspect of law in relation to our business before we even know about it. The best thing about FLS is it’s on our terms, we choose the number of hours and the rate of payment. Thanks for creating such a great way of working with solicitors!”
“We decided to try FLS for 3 months, and we’ve not been disappointed, so we will be extending our plan for 2019. We got help with GDPR and employee contracts which has been our biggest worry and therefore really pleased that JMR solicitors helped up with this”.
Benefits of FLS:
- An agreed number of hours at a fixed fee each month
- Flexibility to decide your hours and budget before agreement
- Access to ongoing specialist legal advice tailored to you
- With the FLS agreement, we look at your business as a whole and agree the scope of work from the start.
- We give you access to a dedicated legal team for your business
- We’re certain we can provide you with complete peace of mind thanks to our analysis of your business to recommend legal work needed
- Our goal is to help businesses stay compliant, so we take a proactive interest in your business
To book a free 30-minute consultation to discuss FLS please call 0161 491 3933 and ask to speak to Mariam.
For more information on Flexible Legal Solutions for Businesses, visit our FLS page.